What makes Shady Mountain Pet Retreat different?
* 6’ x 8’ indoor suites with dog door to 10’ x 6’ outdoor spaces. Most boarding facilities, that consider themselves pet resorts, have 3'x4' rooms without at-will outside access.
* Each suite is uniquely decorated with window treatments, wall hangings, and other accoutrements Most boarding facilities are stark metal or block walls offering no enrichment.
* Each suite features a house front: log, board and batten or lapboard with carriage lights between. Most pet facilities display rows of cage fronts, where dogs bark at each other.
* Full length tempered glass doors. Most other boarding facilities have chain link or metal mesh doors that face each other.
* Each room has a window. Most other boarding facilities don't offer natural light and air.
* Each outdoor suite features a carriage light and 6’ high vinyl coated fencing with textured epoxy flooring. Most other pet boarding facilities do not have individual lights in each exterior run.
* Ceiling fan/lights in every suite. Most other boarding facilities share overhead florescent lights.
* Deluxe doggie doors where our guests can go in or out when they choose. Most other boarding facilities have guillotine doors, controlled by the caretaker.
* Textured Epoxy Floors – No slipping and sliding on slick surfaces.
* Raised beds and raised feeders. We believe dogs are more comfortable off the floor when resting and eating.
* Personal shelves for items brought from home. Your dog's possessions remain with your dog, not lost in a bank of lockers.
* Pet Boutique filled with wholesome foods, treats, comfy beds and safe toys. No need to fret if you forgot something. We have everything you need right here!
Main Hall and Suites
There are 6 themed suites in our main hall. Each suite features a house front of either board and batten, lapboard or log. Each metal door has a full length tempered glass front so that our guests can see out and we can always view them.
There are 4 private suites with the same indoor/outdoor dimensions. Their exterior areas are covered and full 8' walls between suites and play yard. For dogs who prefer not to socialize.
The Suite Exteriors
Each suite exterior features an 1800s style carriage light, 6' vinyl coated chain link, textured epoxy covered concrete base and easy access to the interior suite through a deluxe dog door.
Each exterior suite opens up onto the large community play yard which features a Puppy Playground and Pit-Ball game as well as lots of area to run. In the summer the area features a wading pool for water fun.
We have 6 large play yards with Puppy Playground Equipment in 3 of them. One of our play yards is over an acre in size and features a 3 level fort, 2 caves and climbing rocks. Our training/agility play yard has a terrific view of the mountains and features a gazebo, picnic area and hiking trails next to it.
We have miles of lovely hiking trails and our guests often opt for this amenity.
We have a beautiful indoor pool for year round swimming. Our guests enjoy warm water with therapy jets or swim jets, depending on fitness levels.